There are three main sexual hormones in women:
- Testosterone (to a lesser extent.)
When these hormones are in balance we feel GREAT: energetic, focused and ready to take on the world. But when our hormones are out of balance it can impact us physically, mentally and emotionally. We can suffer from a lack of energy, tiredness, bloating, weight gain, anxiety, depression, missed periods, lack of sexual desire, miscarriages, and so much more.
For all of these reasons, and a lot more, we formulated STAIT for Women with the clinical dose of TESTOFEN®, ZINC and TRIBULUS. Following is a brief explanation about how each of these extracts help to balance our female hormones.
Aspecialised fenugreek extract that has been proven in double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled clinical studies to be a safe and effective way to positively enhance sexual function and libido in both healthy menstruating women and menopausal women.
Zinc is required for the production and action of hormones, as well as being associated with sexual function, and emotional balance, and can be effective in treating PMS, regulating hormone levels and menstrual cycles.
The specific tribulus that we source for STAIT for Women has been shown to improve mood, enhance libido and balance PMS symptoms as well as helping to support a healthy stress response in the body.
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CONSIDER OTHER CONTRIBUTING FACTORS THAT MAY BE CAUSING YOUR HORMONES TO BE OUT OF BALANCE, SUCH AS:
- daily food choices - eliminate processed foods, and replace with fresh seasonal whole foods (primarily: fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds)
- stress - set aside time each day to nurture your mental health with meditation, walking in nature, breath work or whatever else helps to dissipate stress levels.
- body weight - take a brisk 20 minute walk after each meal to help shift any excess weight. Walking is NOT the lazy person's running. Walking is fundamental to health and wellbeing.
- time of the month - get to know the ebbs and flows of your monthly cycle.
- your environment and lifestyle - eliminate any xeno-estrogens and hormone disruptors from your daily life. i.e. plastics. Choose glass instead of plastic for all drinking vessels. Throw the microwave out. Prepare your own meals as opposed to ready-made meals wrapped in plastic.
- the Oral Contraceptive Pill - do the research to learn just how detrimental the OCP is to your health and wellbeing.
- medications - be mindful of the effects of certain medication on hormone balance and address this with a functional medicine doctor who considers a holistic approach to health.
- and personal care products with known hormone disruptors - switch to 100% natural and organic personal care products. There are fantastic brands that make everything from toothpaste to deodorant to skin care to hair care, with your hormone health in mind.
As with most things in life, it’s all about balance.